Thursday, August 4, 2016

Show and tell...part 2

I'm still not sure what was happening with my pictures rotating.   I went back into "My Pictures" and tried to manually rotate them but it kept defaulting to the sideways view.  If you have any suggestions, let me know.

Today's pictures are my show and tell.

I'm still working on the little Buttermilk Basin "Sew" Simple BOMs.  

This one is August. 


June


and September. 


This is another little kit I got from Karen right after she returned 
from Quilt Market.  (Hopefully her Etsy site is up and running now).

It's called "Americana Basket" by My Red Door Designs


Continuing to make progress on these monthly Indygo Junction blocks 
by Sarah Sporrer. 



This cute flag quilt is a freebie on Cheri Payne's Facebook group.   


Stacy from Buttermilk Basin had this little pillow on her blog hop last year.  
I think it's still available for purchase.   


If you're on Instagram, you can identify with me on this...There is so much inspiration out there from so many talented people.   Around Memorial Day, people started posting pictures of all their wonderful Americana decor.  It was then I realized that I only had one red, white and blue quilt.   That had to change!  LOL    So,  I was looking through my books and came upon this pattern by Paula Stoddard from the book Season's Stitchin's.   The pattern is called "Summer Fun".  I got it finished just in time to enjoy it for the rest of the summer.   

The little firecrackers were a project that Sandy I made at her house last month 
on one of our "craft" days.    

T
This is "America Stitched Flag" by Buttermilk Basin
(can you tell I'm trying to play catch up with the Americana decor?)


And last, another Buttermilk Basin design called "Summer Wool Runner".  
The pattern cover shows the background in black wool, but I thought it needed a lighter look.   


I'm not sure if I'll be at Woolies this month because the family is coming for a visit, so I'll probably see you in Sept.   Oh my gosh....Sept?    How can that be?   
Time really does fly when you're having fun!

Thanks for stopping by.   I know I don't blog as much anymore and I'm not even sure if anyone is visiting anymore, but I appreciate all of you who take time out of your day to stop by.  

Hugs, Anne


32 comments:

Janet said...

Really enjoyed your finishes...just lovely and I always enjoy reading your blog

Janet said...

Really enjoyed your finishes...just lovely and I always enjoy reading your blog

Claire said...

It is so much fun to see all your lovely handiwork, Anne. I am sure you still have plenty of visitors who are always excited to see your projects no matter when you post them. Have fun with the family!

Loris said...

Such heartwarming finishes! I love seeing your Sarah Sporrer blocks. I hope to get these sewn someday too.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Wow - so many beautiful projects. You have certainly caught up with the Americana decor!

Barbara said...

I always look forward to your posts. Your projects are so inspiring. I loved them all and want some for my home!

marie said...

Of course we want you to continue to blog, I love looking at your work as it's all the stuff I want to make myself. Miss the posts with you and Sandy showing the same patterns done differently.

Susie H said...

Love all your new Americana finished(!) projects! Great job on catch-up!

Jan said...

Always look forward to reading your blog. You are such an inspiration!

WoolenSails said...

More wonderful pieces and fun to see finished projects, and patterns I may want in the future.

Debbie

Jacqueline said...

Always enjoy your posts and I hope you continue sharing .

Ariane said...

So many gorgeous projects. Love them all!!

Darlene said...

I always visit when you have a new blog post.

I was waiting anxiously for the show and tell posts.

LOL

Anonymous said...

I always visit when you post! Love your show and tells :o)

Nancie Anne Quilts said...

Wonderfulness! Your posts are always an event, so full of inspiration, and I admit, I get a little excited when I see a new entry from you in my sidebar. I pick a moment to view all the eye candy you post when nothing else is distracting me. I want to be able study and savor your entries. I can't tell you how many times I've dug back through your posts to look at something again or find a pattern title...so don't give up on us and stop sharing, cuz this girl hasn't given up on you!

Anna said...

love every one...my birthday is coming up :)

Candee said...

Yes, I'm still visiting! I get so happy when I see a new post from you. You are just my style & very inspiring to me. Many of your projects are waiting for me in my sewing room. Thank you for taking the time to post your wonderful inspiring creations!

Joan said...

Love your blogs! Amazing talent dear! You've inspired me to finish a few patterns I have, like yours (only mine won't be as good as yours ;/ !!)!! Bushels of hugs & thanks!!!

Anita said...

Thank you for continuing to post your inspiring creations! They are all beautiful! Did you whip or buttonhole stitch the applique pieces of the Sarah Sporrer, Summer Glory Pattern?

Unknown said...

I do not do Facebook or Instagram, therefore I am always excited to find a notice that you have posted a new blog. I read every word and marvel at your beautiful work shown in the pictures. Your entries are a delight to me......please never stop blogging!!

Deborah said...

Your projects are all beautiful. I enjoy reading your blog.

Me and My Stitches said...

As always, I love all of your projects. I just bought a little kit for Americana Basket and also bought that cute little display!

Julie said...

I'm still reading and enjoying your blog! Always love to see your projects !

Gale said...

Just want you to know that someone is reading your blog. I enjoy all your projects. And of course, I love wool too. Thanks for sharing.

Karen said...

From following your posts for a long time, I can see you are a big fan of Buttermilk Basin designs. Those little mini's are simple designs and I like the way they are displayed. Nicely done. I did the set of Sarah Sporer designs you are working on only I did them in the method she suggested. I do wish I had done needle turn applique. Yours are oh so nicely done.

Lori said...

So very sweet!

Debbie said...

I have been reading your blog and drooling for a long time over all your gorgeous pictures! I love the decorating and all the project pictures. I get ideas for projects just by visiting you and I love when you tell who's pattern it is-makes it easier to find if I want one! Please keep blogging when you can-I for one would miss you terribly!

Elaine said...

Always look forward to your posts!

Anonymous said...

Please continue to blog as I love what you post and get lots of inspiration from looking!

Judy D in Upstate NY said...

Love reading your blog, I have been so inspired! I also made the Buttermilk Basin Summer table runner with a light background and made it into a wall hanging instead of a table runner. I wanted people to see it, not bury it under all my stuff on a table! Love all your projects!

Unknown said...

Anna I love your blog and your cute stitchery pieces and quilts. Please don't stop blogging!!

Joan said...

Thank you for the Show'n Tell, looking forward to seeing yours next time!! I have made 2 of these patterns, so many more I'd love to make! Fun to see all the beautiful pieces! Thank you ladies for sharing!!!