Wednesday, August 3, 2016

June and July show and tell

Our gathering in July was pretty small.  Summertime is always like that here.  People entertaining or going on trips, makes for much smaller groups.   We did manage to have some show and tell though.   
First up is Nancy.  She applique'd these adorable T-shirts for her grandkids who will be coming to visit soon.  

And she finished this adorable wool kitty mat.  


Jean continues working on her wool sampler blocks. 
I think I mentioned the name of it in last month's post.   


Marilyn finished up this adorable winter mat from Primitive Gatherings.  
(not sure why it rotated)


Sandy continues her prolific ways with lots to show n tell.   
This is a little sewing box that she whipped up.   
I don't know the name of the pattern but maybe she will leave a comment
and let you know if you're interested.   


She also finished this adorable quilt by Verna Mosquera of The Vintage Spool   


a couple of close ups




This one is a kit we got from Karen. (mine isn't finished).
 She had them for sale on her Etsy shop right after quilt market.

(Karen just let me know that she's having issues with the link to her Etsy site, 
so send her an email at fhwoolens@gmail.com)

It's called "Potted Primrose" by My Red Door Designs


This  little pillow was a freebie on Cheri Payne's Facebook group. 


And this pillow is one in the Buttermilk Basin truck series.   
If you've seen the patterns, you can see how Sandy changed it up.  



And even though Sandy and I aren't doing our monthly challenges anymore, we still find that we like the same patterns and push each other to work on the same things.  

This one is a pattern called "Thankfulness" by Quilts by Cheri

Sandy's version...


and my version...


This one is called America the Beautiful, also by Quilts by Cheri.  

Sandy made it like the pattern, 


And I chose to leave off the words so that I could use a standard pillow form.   
I'm running out of places to store all these pillows!


I'm not sure what is happening with my pictures and the rotation.  I'm going try to figure it out and continue the post tomorrow.   

See you then!
Hugs, Anne

10 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Thanks for sharing. I love seeing all the eye candy.

Unknown said...

Thanks Anne!!
The wool basket is from the pattern called: Wool Sewing Basket and can be found at www.TheSampling.net
Can't wait to see your projects tomorrow!!

WoolenSails said...

Love all the projects and Nancy's color choices on the cat piece, makes it really fun.

Debbie

Lady Locust said...

They are all so beautiful as always. Hope quilt show weekend went well for you folks.

Hogan's Adventure said...

Thanks Annie, so fun to read your blog!!!!! Thought I'd check today and there you were...so inspiring!!!!

Joan said...

Love show'n tell days! A lovely surprise! I agree, inspiring! Beautiful sewing, sewers!! Tons of thanks!

Susie H said...

Great show'n' tell! Thanks for sharing!!!

Ariane said...

Wow! A gorgeous show and tell. Thanks for sharing.

Karen said...

I have been looking forward to seeing your post with all the goodies your friends and you have made. Always a treat.

Lori said...

I always enjoy seeing your posts! I think I love every single pattern!