Monday, September 22, 2014

August sewing with Sandy

 

I guess you could say I’m a tad late with this post.   I keep trying to convince myself that I “forgot” to blog.  But, honestly, I just seem to always find something better to do. (Can you say, Candy Crush?)  Eek!   But, here I am, and the funny thing is, Sandy I will reveal our September projects tomorrow at our Woolie gathering.   You might get 2 posts in one week.  Wow, what a concept! 

 

Before I share our projects with you, Sandy asked me to let you all know how much she appreciated your kind words and prayers during a very difficult time.   It really meant a lot to her.  She is doing well and hanging in there, thanks in part to all of you!  

 

On with the show.    Sandy chose all the projects for August.

The first project is “Snowman Garland” by Red Button Quilt Co.   We both ordered the kit from Emily (designer) so they are the same, except for the little snowman heads.

IMG_2269

Sandy used the little snowmen head buttons that came with the kit.

IMG_2270

This is mine…

IMG_2276

And I used wool for the heads.   

IMG_2277

Next up is a pattern by Buttermilk Basin called Patchwork Pillows and it’s the one for September.

This is Sandy’s.

IMG_2271

And here’s mine.

IMG_2280

I’ve got it sitting on my fireplace with my fall decorations.

IMG_2279

The quilt that Sandy chose out of the“101 Fabulous Small Quilts” is called Underground Railroad.

Here’s Sandy’s.

IMG_2272

And get ready for a shocker…..Here’s mine.

IMG_2281

Yep, I chose to do mine in 30’s.  Quite a difference from the Civil War look of Sandy’s and the one displayed in the book.   I just thought I’d do something different and unexpected.   I like the way it turned out and will give it to Emma for her doll bed.  

 

Thanks for stopping by and I’ll see you again later in the week!

 

Hugs, Anne

18 comments:

marguerittechiffons said...

J'aime beaucoup le bonhomme de neige et les petits coussins .

antique quilter said...

beautiful , I really enjoy these posts…its fun to see the different little quilts. both are wonderful
and the snowmen projects oh well I just love them!
Kathie

Anonymous said...

Just beautiful! Loved all!

paulette said...

Well done, Sandy...some great choices!! I especially love the snowman table topper! Too cute!
P

Anonymous said...

I nearly ordered the snowmen! Too cute....had to hand slap the send button! They also just sell the snowman head buttons...,sigh. Being good here...trying my best yet you tempt me! Ugh!

Janet O. said...

Love it all, as usual, but I have to agree that the little snowman quilts steal the show! Like Mary, I am trying to be good and restrain myself from ordering!! : )

Anna said...

be still my heart...I can't wait till Woolies tomorrow!!!

Darlene said...

Once again you and Sandy have huge hits!

Wonderful projects!

Sending lots of healing thoughts to Sandy. May her mom Rest in Peace.

Anonymous said...

Love love LOVE those tiny wool snowmen!! So cute!! Love seeing all of your projects and the two versions... what a treat :o)

Leeanne said...

I am NEVER disappointed visiting your blog!

WoolenSails said...

Wonderful pieces and I love how she used the snowman buttons on the quilt.

Debbie

Anonymous said...

I pushed the button. Pattern and extra buttons.....sigh, I'm weak!

StitchinByTheLake said...

My sympathies for your addiction to Candy Crush...you join a host of others, including me. :) I love our little Christmas piece - I'll be looking for that kit! And the fall pillow is adorable. I must admit that as much as I love 30s fabrics I fell in love with the Civil War quilt! blessings, marlene

Judy D in Upstate NY said...

Love seeing what you and Sandy have accomplished. I have ordered a couple of your projects after seeing them here. Just wish you would blog more often, I need more projects. (NOT!)

Marisa said...

Muy bonitos trabajos .PAZ Y AMOR

Gayle said...

Love seeing the same pattern stitched by different people - makes me so happy!

Joan said...

Wonderful projects ladies, beautifully made. Loud sighs & big smiles!!!

Lori said...

What fun projects and I'm looking forward to another post very soon!