Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Country Living

Where does the time go?   I actually woke up in the middle of the night and remembered that waybackwhen I said I'd show you pictures of my visit to Country Living in Amador City, CA when I went to CA for my "girls" Christmas party.  I then laid awake and wrote the blog post in my mind.  Well, now I can't remember what I "wrote", so I'm starting fresh.

I don't know what it is with me and blogging, but everyday I make myself a "to do" list, and every day I have "blog" on the list.  Well, most days, everything gets done on the list, but "blog" seems to carry over to the next day and the next day and the next.....   Anyone have any suggestions for me on how to make it a top priority?  ;)  Or at least, a higher priority?

On to the pictures.   I know they are all Christmas related, but I love Christmas and never get tired of seeing pictures and the inspiration they bring me.  Hopefully, you feel the same.   Oh, and at the end, I'll give you the recipe for that fabulous dessert Cathi made for us.

Country Living is owned by Sandy Jurisich and her hubby.   It's in a darling little building right on the main drag of Amador City in the heart of the California gold country.  


This is Sandy.  She spins her own wool.



There was so much eye candy.   


This candle came home with me. (Battery operated for my obsessive hubby)


See how cute it looks on my old wooden spool?




She has everything from prim to vintage and in between.  


Aren't these old cheese graters fabulous?   Now I wish I had bought one.


Patty kept eyeing this Santa Claus outfit.  I thought she was going to buy it and dress up for us at the party!


Isn't this a darling way to display your eating utensils at a place setting?


Prim goodies 





Isn't this a perfect lamp base for Sandy?    I love the shade.


Remember these trees in the 50's?








 These two little mini guys came home with me too.


This gives you an idea of how tiny they are right next to the star mini pillow.


If you happen to get to go there, be sure and continue up the road to Sutter Creek.  More cute shops and wonderful eateries.

And.....for me a trip to CA isn't complete without a visit to my favorite restaurant.   I always get the same thing, French Onion Soup with a baguette.   Oh so yummy!  (I sure wish Panera would open an establishment in Bend!)



A few people emailed me for the recipe for Cathi's dessert.   It's very low in calories, so feel free to eat as much as you want.   (wink wink)



Hopefully I'll be back sooner rather than later.   I've been working on lots of projects to show you.

Hugs, Anne

12 comments:

Sue said...

I never tire of seeing how you American's decorate for every season.
Sandy certainly has some lovely things to buy. I wouldn't have been able to resist taking lots of those things home.
No good winking that dessert looks calorie loaded.
Understand perfectly about the list. Is it a senior thing I ask myself.

Anna said...

blogging suggestions. Set a quiet non stressful time each day. Load you photos into files as soon as you come home so they are already in the computer when you decide to blog. Most important have a yummy drink while blogging...I make a nice steaming cup of coffee! As for the photos...I really want to shop there!

Michelle said...

that dessert looks wonderful!
love the shop pics too..
thanks for sharing.

Karen said...

Neat prim style candle. I would like a couple of those. I have a snowman head that looks like a candle and has a battery operated light. I have read about many fires that started with a candle so a battery operated one would be so much safer.

Bev said...

Thanks for sharing the decorating inspiration!

Cheery wave!

Bev

Karen said...

Great store Anne - thanks for taking us along - liked the little red chair I saw in the post - I think I'm addicted to little chairs - oh and wooden totes - oh and scales, oh and stars as well - lordy lol. This chick certainly can't give you advise on blogging - I'll see what others have to say :)

Hugs - Mrs. Farmhouse

Hogan's Adventure said...

Annie, Annie, Annie..you are a wonderful blogger, I'm thankful and amazed at each post. Don't be so hard on yourself....I'm ready to head back to Amador City, how about you????

Miss you!!!

Wendy said...

I've done the same thing, wake up and remember I forgot to do something. Sometimes loading photo's and writing later helps me. This shop looks fantastic, I wish I could visit.

Marisa said...

TODO PRECIOSO :PAZ Y AMOR

Carrie P. said...

looks like such a fun place to shop.
Panera is one of my favorite places to eat too. We have two in our town.

Anonymous said...

I agree about the battery candles. We had a fire at a B&B in our small town over a year ago. The owner, her 2 children and 3 guests died. Cause of fire was candles. I got rid of all my real ones after that.

Theresa in MN

PamKittyMorning said...

Oh I love Country Living. We used to go up to Amador City and Sutter Creek a lot back when there were more shops. Love all your projects, the applique is wonderful. Your visits with friends always look like so much fun! xo