Friday, July 13, 2012

Sew Many Quilts

As I mentioned yesterday, this week is full of activities and classes surrounding the Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show which will culminate on Saturday with the largest outdoor quilt show in the world.  Impressive, huh?   There are thousands of people who attend the week long events and, of course, they love to shop.    We are very lucky here to have quite a few shops to visit.

I used to work at Sew Many Quilts in Bend, OR for a few years,  but now I just help fill in during the chaos busyness.    I thought I'd show you some pictures of the shop all decked out for the many visitors and tourists.  (I'll be there Friday and Saturday, so if you're in the area, stop by and say hi)

You know I have to start with the wool section!







This is Denise who can't wait to help you!


Christmas section.


Fun and colorful.


All about kids.


Always fun to find little surprises when you're shopping.





This is the view when you walk in the door.   There's a whole other section just like this.


Quilts everywhere!




Linda, our embroidery expert, is also the purse expert.   She has made so many I bet she doesn't even know the count.


30's reproduction fabrics.


 Embroidery


Need a new Bernina?   They are more than happy to help you.


I hang out in this section a lot.   Kansas Troubles and Jo Morton fabrics.   Yummy!


I just got this book and it's wonderful.    But then I'm a huge Kim Diehl fan.








I better make this into 2 posts since I took so many pictures (I really have a habit of doing that, don't I?)

Anyway, if you see anything you like, be sure to give them a call or check out their website.   (BUT, don't call this week because you probably won't even get through on the phone)!

Also, you can follow their blog.

15 comments:

antique quilter said...

oh I wish I could come shopping there in person! what a fun shop...ok those big pincushions are adorable, triple layer pumpkins what could get better????
must be fun working though during the quilt show.
I hope you get to see it too, take lots of pictures :)
Kathie

Kaaren said...

I'd definitely have to mortgage our house if I ever visited that shop. Now that is what I call a quilter's dream!

My dream is to visit the Sisters quilt show...one day.

Anonymous said...

Oh how I wish to live near a shop like this one! I'd be in debt! Have fun, I hope you meet many blog friends.

Abby and Stephanie said...

It's like Quilter's Disneyland. I think I would work for fabric 'cuz my paycheck would go right back into the store. :o)

Missie of Traditional Primitives said...

Looks like it is a great shop! Maybe someday I will get out to this big show...someday!

jayne said...

Thank you for the tour! Not sure where I would start but what I know for sure......I would not leave empty handed!

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

What a gorgeous shop. If I ever worked there, I would owe them money! hee,hee,hee.
xx

paulette said...

Gasp!!! WOW! I LOVE this shop! I just drooled all over my computer...don't worry, I'll have it hosed down and ready for tomorrow's pics!! Keep 'em coming!
P

Karen said...

This looks like a great shop - full of eye candy. Will you take me there when I come to visit :).

Sally A said...

I love that shop, when we vacation in SunRiver that the first shop I go to. Enjoy you day and don't work to hard, I have been their on the Friday before quilt shop but it was the old shop. Mad house! Sally

WoolenSails said...

Would love to shop there, and love how they have sections with the different styles and fabrics, makes it fun to shop and easier to find the things we love.

Debbie

Friendship Crossing said...

Wowza! That is one great quilt shop! Love all the shop models!Thanks for taking us on the tour.

Tanya

Bev said...

Thanks for the great pictures! We love primitive quilts and are having a giveaway for a Jan Patek book! Come on over and enter! http://44thstreetfabric.blogspot.com

Cheery wave from Bev

Candace said...

OMG - I think I just spent my yearly (no, maybe 5 years) budget in there! I'd find it hard to work there because everything I made would go back into goodies! Great post, Anne!
Cheers!

Lori said...

They always have the best displays and it is always so beautiful!!