Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Where in the world is….

Mystery location. Where are we?Florida New Years 2010 068

Seattle? No…..

Florida New Years 2010 102

Alaska? No….

Believe it or not…it’s Florida. We spent New Year’s with some of our bestest friends in the Ft Myers/Naples area and needless to say, I think it was warmer in Oregon. That idiot cute guy in the shorts would be none other than Mr CnW. He refused to admit that it was cold. We were all lucky to even have coats with us. The only reason we did was because when we left home it was snowing.

Oh well, at least we were in good company. The guys all started working together right out of college and we’ve all remained great friends thru the birth of our children, grandchildren and now, retirement.

And today is Karen’s birthday so head on over to My Red Farmhouse and wish Karen a very Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday Karen, and here’s to many many more.

I’m trying to get back my quilting Mo Jo and have been tackling some UFO’s. Hopefully, I’ll have a couple of things to show you at the end of the week.

14 comments:

Carol said...

What fun! Nothing better than good friends!

Kaaren said...

I used to live in south Florida and in the 15 years we lived there we never experienced a winter like the one they've been experiencing this year. Poor tourists!

I'm going through the mojo thing right now, Anne and it's NO FUN! I know it'll pass. I just hope it's soon.

Anonymous said...

Oh wonderful to have a good set of friends for some many years.

Irishgirlsews said...

Hi,
I'm presently living in NE Fl. and I must say that this is one of the coldest & rainest winters ever! and I used to live in WA. state just south of Mt. ST. Helens !I think I will move back to the great NW so I can dry-out and warm up.
Wendy

Lori said...

It does look a bit on the chilly side! So nice that all of you have been friends for so long.

Yvette said...

I was going to guess California! LOL! It looked just like that here.

Good to see you had a great time with friends!

Jocelyn said...

Believe it or not, it is STILL cold in Florida :-( I am so not liking this!

Cindy said...

How great to have friends "through the years" that can relate to all your memories.

Meanwhile, Anne, stay warm - AND dry.

Carrie ~ Cricketwood Prims said...

Great company + bad weather = great time anyway!!
Love the shorts, never say die!!! Yuma was the same for us!!
Happy Sewing!!

Anna said...

Looking at the photo reminds me of a wonderful book you MUST read! "The Girls From Ames."

Ran into Mary R.and we must have a wool group...can you be our wool mentor???

Candace said...

Brrr....I'm cold just lookin' at Mr. CnW!! He does have cute legs, though (wink)! Glad you're home and getting your mojo back, Anne!
Cheers!

Anonymous said...

My sister lives in Sanibel and has for some time. She says this is the coldest ever. They even had fish die from it being so cold!

Anonymous said...

Where is Annie?? Miss her.....

Deb said...

Is that Estero? Looks justlike where we stay...Rapallo at Coconut Point? If it's not Rapallo, it sure is a exact-look-alike!!! I go with a group of 5 girlfriends....same-time-next-year idea...2011 will be our 15th year!!! Always the highlight of the year!