Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Folkart Gatherings Too

On our way to Seattle last week, I got to stop at my favorite country store in Centralia, Washington, Folkart Gatherings Too.   I made some purchases and got to take lots of pictures. Penny was working and she was oh so sweet about letting me take them.  

Well, guess what…the day after Thanksgiving, Mr. CnW was taking pictures and all of a sudden…no pictures on the memory card.   Somehow, all the pictures of the store and of our Thanksgiving were wiped out, gone, kaput!    We have no idea what happened, but he felt so badly about it that he asked me if I wanted to stop on the way home and re-take pictures.    Sweet, huh? 

So, I sheepishly walked back into the store and explained what happened, asking if I could start all over.    After some laughter, I got the OK.   So, here we go!Thanksgiving 2009 092  Thanksgiving 2009 090

Thanksgiving 2009 052

Thanksgiving 2009 053

Thanksgiving 2009 054

Thanksgiving 2009 055

Thanksgiving 2009 056

Thanksgiving 2009 058

Thanksgiving 2009 060

Thanksgiving 2009 061

Thanksgiving 2009 063

Thanksgiving 2009 064

Thanksgiving 2009 066

Thanksgiving 2009 067

Thanksgiving 2009 068

Thanksgiving 2009 075

(too bad the gas station is in the background.  If I knew more about my camera, I probably could have blurred it out.  It’s on my list of things to learn in 2010.)Thanksgiving 2009 077 Thanksgiving 2009 079 Thanksgiving 2009 088 So, if you see anything you like, give them a call.  (not a paid advertisement…lol)

Thanksgiving 2009 089That’s not a snowman or a Santa, that’s Mr. CnW sitting in the car, patiently waiting for me. 

Thanksgiving 2009 096 And luckily, this is the most snow we saw on the way home.  Whew!

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving.  Only 23 days till Christmas.  Yikes!

Hugs, Anne

26 comments:

Kim said...

OMG, I think I need just about EVERYTHING in that shop! How long would it take me to drive there from Sacramento, do you think?! LOL!

simplestitches said...

I'm with Kim!
OMG....OMG....OMG!
I DO need everything in that shop, especially all the snowmen! Love them, probably as its usually so darn HOT over here at Christmas.
And how long will it take me to get there from OZ?
thanks for sharing,
Julz

Deb said...

Anne, yep I am with Kim on this one. There are so many beautiful things in that shop. Love the big clock, mmmmm, and the burgundy plate with the verse and ,....... well where do I stop.
How exciting snow.... wahoo, I'm jealous.
hugs Deb

Jodi Nelson said...

Did you honk and wave when you drove by? ;o) miss you. It doesn't look like I'll be making a trip up the Washington way this Holiday season. Bummed I wont be able to visit Folk Art. Boo Hoo.

Carol said...

What an absolutely wonderful shop! Thank Mr CnW for getting us more pictures!

Abby and Stephanie said...

Christmas is scarily close! Yikes. What a very nice Mr. CnW. Well if I'd been at the cute shop I'd have left with a bag full of snowmen. Snowmen and Gingerbread men are my holiday favorites.

Crispy said...

WOW what a great shop, I bet it smells heavenly in there. We have friends outside Centralia and I never knew this shop existed, I see a shopping trip in my future LOL.

Crispy

Anna said...

I NEED the Santa Baby sign!!!!!!

Darlene said...

Wowzer - what a wonderful store! Thank you for sharing with us. BTW, I need to see more of your decorating in your home. Please!

((HUGS))

Thimbleanna said...

Looks like a fun place Anne! As for blurring out your background, set your camera in Aperture mode and crank that aperture down as low as it will go. (And since my instructions aren't good enough, just look up Aperture mode in the index of your instruction manual!)

Cindy said...

What an absolutely wonderful place, Anne. I think I could find something there every time I visited. Better yet, make me my own corner and I'll just sit, sip coffee and gaze. LOL

And your last photo of the snow is beautiful. I'm glad you didn't run into more while traveling but i have to say this photo is really pretty.

Cindy said...

Had to come back for another "walk-about" through Folkart Gatherings Too. Oh, I think I need something.........hmmmmm....now just what?

A little of this and a little of that..LOL

Karen said...

A wonderful shop with my style items. We had one local shop that sold items like these but it closed a good while back. I have to visit shops like this when we travel.

Lori said...

Too bad about the disappearing photos. Did you re-create Thanksgiving too? :)
Lovely shop!

Wendy said...

Love your photos! Now why can't we have shops like that here in the UK...I'm sooooo jealous...lol!

Karen said...

This looks like my kind of shop!! I for one am very happy that your husband offered to let you stop at the shop (again) on the way home for the photo op!! Thanks for sharing! :o)

strawberrycream39 said...

Wow that store is amazing. I love the "still cozy after all these years" sign. Thank you for the photo tour! And thank hubby too! What a good guy. Are you re-doing Thanksgiving too?

Red Geranium Cottage said...

What a great shop. I'd love to shop there.
We're going to that one you told me about on Tuesday. It's about 4 hours from here. I hope they let me take pictures.

paulette said...

We will be going to Centralia at the end of the month. Is this shop in the outlet mall?
I love this shop!! Thanks!
Paulette

WoolenSails said...

Lots of great goodies, my kind of store.
Love that kind of snow, looks pretty, but stays off the roads.

Debbie

Libby said...

*sigh* That looks like my kind of shop - wish it was closer *s*

Carrie P. said...

What a fabulous place to shop. I think I could spend days in there looking around.
The snow is pretty. We might have some on Saturday. We'll see.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing all the wonderful Christmas eye candy!!
~Cindy~

Unknown said...

a girl could really do some damage in that store!!!!

kcenya1950 said...

What an amazing store! thanks for going to the trouble to photograph it twice! Glad you didn't hit too much snow on your drive.

Unknown said...

Wow, I didn't know about Folkart Gatherings & I even have a sister who lived in Sumner. I'm up north in Marysville. I'll have to gather my sisters together & we'll have to make a trip for a sister day asap to Folkart Gatherings. All those snowmen are fantastic!!! They want to come live with me.*snicker*Love the photos. I'm such a sucker for snowmen:-)